Silhouette Gender Reveal Party!Category: Party Rentals, Social Engagements
When my husband and I found out we were expecting our first child we were over the moon excited! I have always told my family when this day comes, we are going to celebrate Baby Clark with a Gender Reveal Party. This is such a great way to celebrate your special announcement with your closest friends and family. Leading up to the event, there were many important details to sort out such as theme, color scheme, desserts, and most importantly how to reveal the big news.
I loved the simplicity of little girl and boy silhouettes. I also wanted to bring in a shabby chic feel with touches of damask, wood, soft pinks, light blues, greys and black. So that is the theme that we brought to life. A Silhouette Gender Reveal Party!
I partnered with Melinda @ Paperfrostings to put all my ideas on paper. She created the most adorable invitations that included a request of our guests:
“Wear Pink or Blue to Cast Your Vote”
Our friends and family did not disappoint. Everyone showed up in either Pink or Blue to cast their gender vote on what Baby Clark was going to be. That made the event all the more fun and interactive between all our guests.
There were many hand crafted touches that brought everything to life including:
- Gender reveal box with darling silhouettes of a Boy and Girl
- Shabby Chic display of baby pictures of the Parents-2-Be
- Chalkboard for our guests to “Cast their Vote” before the Big Reveal
- Pink & blue paper lanterns to add to the ambiance of the event
- Chalk painted mason jars filled with beautiful flowers
- Grey damask table runners layered with hand painted letters for Girl and Boy
- Backyard Photobooth to add to the fun for our guests and leave lasting memories for us
- Countless props for Team Pink or Team Blue were on hand at the photobooth and a Polaroid picture for our guests to walk away with
A Dessert Display that was everything Gender Sweet included:
- “I Made a Wish and You Came True” Sign
- Girl or Boy gender banner
- Baby pictures of both Parents-2-Be
- A Silhouette Cake that would also reveal the gender of the baby
- Pink and Blue Glitter Bites
- A fabulous display of cupcakes that included darling silhouette cupcake toppers
- Gooey Butter Cake Pops (Desserts by Sarah’s Cake Shop)
- Table sprinkled with Towers of Colorful shades of pink and blue candy throughout
- And of course all layered on top of shades of Grey Shabby Chic touches to carry the theme all together
Aside from all our decorations and special touches, the anticipation of the reveal was overwhelming. Who knew a moment like that would change your life forever, it’s a BOY! It was such an emotional moment for us, filled with so much love already for this Sweet Baby BOY. There were many heartfelt tears and well wishes passed onto us, along with some jaws dropped because majority thought it was a girl. Baby BOY Clark said the jokes on you all and we cannot wait for his grand appearance. We are truly blessed to have been able to experience this joyous moment with our closest friends and family. It is a night we will never forget!