Colten’s 1st Mustache BashCategory: Social Engagements
When my little man, Colten Pierce Clark’s 1st birthday was approaching I went into over the top planning mode. Nothing but the best for our Colebear, Butterball, Angel Boy, Pickles, son of many nicknames. We had waited for this day for a very long time, so special it was going to be!
Since Colten was turning into quite the little man, I decided on a Mustache and Bowtie Themed Event.
What is more adorable than a little guy in a bowtie and his guests wearing mustaches in his honor.
Once the theme was set, I decided on our colors. Think shades of blues, tans, and whites. I wanted a vintage, little boy feel with touches of chalkboards throughout.
The planning started with the most adorable invitation by Pink Starfish Designs. She nailed the invitation with the look I desired and we carried that theme throughout the event. The invitation included photographs taken by Classy Chic Events. We sure had fun doing a mini in home photo session together. We included an additional photo of Colten captured of him standing on his own on the invite. To say we were proud would be an understatement. Our little man was standing, wobbling, and walking all by his 1st birthday.
So let the crafting begin! Some of the main highlights of Colten’s Mustache Bash included:
- Custom chalkboard sign: “Welcome to the Mustache Bash”
- Framed paper signs & props: “Grab a Stache and Join the Bash”
- Large backdrop creation to both the photo display & dessert table
- Photo collage that included all of our favorite pics of our little man in the shape of suspenders and number 1
- Personalized chalkboard that showed all of the wonderful details about our little man
- 12 month timeline of photos taken each month to watch the progress of our little American baby grow
Ever so Dapper, Dessert Display included:
- Cake with suspenders and a bowtie by Sara’s Cake Shop
- Mustache themed smash cake with homemade cake stand by Classy Chic Events
- Blue glitter bites
- Mustache & bowtie cookies by Party Pastry
- Personalized little man and bowtie themed cupcake toppers
- Vintage props, custom framed paper signs, and banners
- Hand painted burlap “Colten’s Mustache Bash” Banner
As you rolled away from all the sweet treats, our little man’s station was setup center stage for the big SMASH Cake Birthday Event. He did not disappoint. In fact, after his happy birthday song we eventually had to take the cake away because we were afraid of a cake coma. Never seen a boy literally smash his face in his own cake like this. He LOVED every bit of it!
His Cake SMASH station included:
- Hand painted burlap “I am 1” banner
- Homemade 1 burlap design around the birthday boys high chair
Last but not least we must feed our guests.
- Our All American Meal included:
Hamburgers, bbq beef, French fries, mac and cheese, & southwest rollups all from Circle 7 Ranch
- Our guests tickled their whiskers at the “Wet your Whiskers” drink station
After all the lunch and dessert had been enjoyed we had a fun activity for the kids. We created a “Pin the Stache on Colten” Station. All the kids enjoyed being blind folded and pinging a mustache on Colten’s face. This station also included props and a polaroid for a party pic with the Birthday Boy.To close out the event, our guests left with a Stache bag filled with Candy.
Bringing this Mustache Bash together took many hands. A special thanks to Kelly Evans for creating the beautiful hand painted burlap banners and custom chalkboards. My amazing mother for helping me create the photo backdrop display, my patient husband for all his insight, Julie Lange & my inlaws for helping me setup. I couldn’t have done it without you all. Colten is truly the biggest blessing in our lives and had the most special day celebrating with his family and friends!